5 Reasons to Exercise
With so many reasons to improve your fitness in the right way, I’ve chosen my top 5 reasons to exercise. If some of them seem a little scary I apologise. I simply feel passionate about the many reasons to improve our fitness, exercise, and improve both the quality and length of our lives. We only have one body and mind. I want as many people as possible to make the most of both.
- The cost of being sedentary:- “being unfit should be considered as strong a risk factor as hypertension, diabetes and smoking — if not stronger than all of them.” Dr Wael Jaber, a cardiologist at the Cleveland Clinic, US, following an extensive study of over 122000 people from 1991 to 2014. There’s a simple prescription – exercise.
- Stop ageing:- With no intervention, we lose around half a lb of muscle and 2% of our bone density per year from the age of 40. At 50, that accelerates to around 4% of bone density in women and 1lb of muscle per year. The correct weight-bearing regular exercise stops and even reverses that loss almost completely and at any age. It’s never too late.
- Mental health:- There are 1000’s of studies that demonstrate how exercise promotes positive mental health – feeling good about ourselves, boosting our mood, and improving alertness. It has an even more significant effect when we feel anxious, stressed or depressed.
- Sleep better:- Exercise and physical activity improve both our quantity and quality of sleep. Getting 8 good hours of sleep a day also has a huge impact on our well being both physically and mentally. Matthew Walkers ‘Why We Sleep’ book, even demonstrates the link between lack of sleep and the development of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
- Healthy BMI:- By far the greatest cause of weight gain is calorie intake. However, muscle is much hungrier than fat and having more muscle burns more calories. An exercise routine will provide a positive anchor for good lifestyles and nutrition. Quality sleep suppresses appetite hormones and promotes appetite control. A positive sense of self helps stop the need to comfort eat. Exercise provides the best virtuous circle
5 Reasons to choose The Personal Fitness Company
If I’ve convinced you or spurred you on to tackle or maintain your fitness, then forgive me for reminding you why we are a great choice to support your journey.
- Reliability:- On the 13th September 2019 we will have been providing classes and personal training, sports and rehabilitation massages and nutritional help to our clients for 9 years. We’ll be here for as long as you need us.
- Quality:- Our trainers and class instructors are all at least level 3 REPS personal trainers, with the exception of Rachel our superb Yoga instructor who has worked across Europe, trained to the very highest level, and also trains aspiring yoga teachers across the country. We have male and female trainers, young and slightly more ‘mature’. Everyone holds full public liability insurance. We will always look after you and endeavour to fit around your needs.
- Flexibility:- Our PT and class blocks help you to commit to a meaningful amount of fitness, at a good price. However they are intentionally flexible to work around your life demands and holidays – you can use our class cards in any of our classes and take as many breaks as you need to. You can have personal training at home or in the gym or both, at (almost) any time and day.
- Results:- We have many many clients who have reported the huge benefits of starting and continuing with us. We have seen bone density scans and health checks show significant and sometimes staggering improvement. We have helped clients lose life changing amounts of weight, deal with life altering illness, disability and a huge number of them…of you, have been with us and stayed with us from the start.
- Over to you:- These are some of your most recent personal stories about your experience with us. Thankyou!
SEE OUR REVIEWS ON GOOGLE.